One part granola bar and one part cookie….these little guys have NO SUGAR and NO WHEAT/FLOUR! I adapted a recipe I found online and instead of using raisins, sunflower seeds and flaxseeds…..made it simple with dried blueberries and walnuts.
They fall apart if you don’t mold them tightly before baking and can also be stuffed into muffin tins to maintain their shape. Even though I call this a cookie it could be eaten in the morning as a grab and go or as an afternoon snack! Enjoy!
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- combine oats, blueberries, walnuts and salt
- in separate bowl mix together mashed banana, vegetable oil, and vanilla
- add wet mix to dry mix and stir
- drop 1 TBL of “dough” onto ungreased baking sheet one inch apart
- bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- remove and let cool