The Mahoney’s (my family) have a few dishes in our cooking arsenal that we hold close to our hearts. When it comes to dessert, our go-to is the raspberry “pie,” when it comes to veggies, our go-to is asparagus or artichokes with our own “moho sauce” (a mixture of mayonnaise, horseradish, Worcestershire and lemon), and when it comes to meat…we roll out the flank steak.
Marinated in Wishbone Italian Dressing and Kikkoman’s Teriyaki Sauce, it is placed on the grill, smothered in sweet hot mustard, sliced and then served. When I think of home and dinners with my family, I think of this dish. I arrived home to California earlier this week and within 48 hours I was digging in, needless to say I’m gonna find it hard to leave this weekend
- 1 (4lb) beef flank steak or 2 (2 lb) beef flank steak
- 4 cups Wishbone Italian Dressing, divided into 2 cup portions
- 4 cups Kikkoman’s Teriyaki Sauce, divided into 2 cup portions
- 1 cup Sweet Hot Mustard (I like Inglehoffer Sweet Hot Mustard)
- salt and pepper
- Marinate flank steak in 2 cups Wishbone Italian dressing, salt and pepper, and 2 cups Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce for 30 minutes in refrigerator and then put at room temperature for 10 minutes
- Heat grill to medium high and place brisket on grill
- Grill on one side for 6 minutes and then flip over, slather mustard over top of just grilled side and then grill raw side for another 6 (for medium rare)
- remove from grill, let rest for 10 minutes and then slice diagonally about 1/4 thick
- serve and enjoy!